My husband and I have been together forever. High school sweethearts, known him my whole life, for.ever. He turned 21 eight months after me and I remember the first thing he ordered was a frilly cocktail. He took that first sip and his whole face changed - "these things are really boozy! how do women drink them!?" I laughed so hard! It was a pretty funny realization!
I rarely make cocktails - I always leave it to my girlfriends with previous bartending experience or the host of whatever party I'm attending. So, I guess I never really understood how much fun it can be! I had a bottle of rum, and I wanted to make something festive for the holidays! Pomegranates came to mind and I ran with it!
Ingredients - for one cocktail:
*Adapted from Brides Ideas
1 and 1/2 ounces of Captain Morgan spiced rum
1/4 ounce of Cointreau (orange liqueur)
2 ounces pomegranate juice
Sprite, to taste
Black Cherry jello to rim the glass
- Fill your martini shaker with ice and pour in your rum, orange liqueur, and pomegranate juice. Shake well and set aside.
- Rim your martini glasses with the black cherry jello. Add in a teaspoon of pomegranate seeds.
- Pour the contents of your martini shaker into the glass slowly, making sure not to spill! (We wouldn't want to waste the good stuff, would we!?)
- Pour sprite into the martini glass until it reaches your desired sweetness - I always pour until the glass is reasonably full.
- Add in a lime slice and enjoy!
*This is a sponsored post in the sense that Captain Morgan sent me a bottle of rum. As usual, I would never promote a product I haven't previously purchased with my own money and the opinions here are all my own.