Drumroll please.... Do I have your attention!? I introduce you to my latest vice, because holy crap - not only are these easy, but they are SO good! Mike's face lit up like Christmas morning when he bit into one of these! (Again, he's always shocked when I put something good on the table - what is that anyway!?)
I have a pretty intense love of thin mints that I blame completely on my mother. I grew up with a box of these almost always in the freezer. We would sneak one or two when we got off the bus after school. The stash was re-filled every March when the cute little girl scouts showed up on the doorstep. I will now forever have these in my fridge.
20 ritz crackers
1 and 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips together with the peppermint extract. If you decide to microwave the chocolate, make sure you don't burn it. Heat for about 10 seconds at a time - it's a pain and I have no patience. But, it's the only way to prevent it from burning. Stir together until smooth.
- Using the back of a spoon spread the chocolate on top of each ritz cracker. Place on the parchment paper.
- When all the crackers are covered in chocolate, place in the fridge to cool for about 45 minutes until the chocolate is set - it should no longer look wet.
- Peel them off the parchment paper, and place in a plastic bag or air tight container. Store in the fridge, because they are best cold.